Senior Sales Manager
This position is responsible for managing D/A/CH and other markets as defined, reporting directly to the Managing Director. This role is primarily responsible for day-to-day management of sales managers to ensure the sales organization achieves monthly sales quota by following a defined ALLDATA sales process. The role is accountable for delivering annual net new sales that drives company revenue and improve year-over-year performance. The position will also ensure the sales team maximizes performance through tradeshow management, partner program development, lead management and self-generated leads through prospecting efforts, territory planning and ongoing sales development.
ALLDATA is a US-based organization. We believe in coaching to exceptional performance and follow a disciplined sales process including inspecting and measuring all aspects of our business. We do everything possible to help the team succeed and put our customers first. We are looking for someone who thrives in a multi-cultural, dynamic and growing sales team. You should be self-motivated with a strong desire to be successful and win.
Job Responsibilities – Other duties may be assigned:
- Oversee Sales Managers responsible for managing the direct sales teams in assigned territories. Achieve monthly and annual quota collectively as an organization through consistent communication, lead generation programs/partner activities, coaching, training, and adherence to the ALLDATA sales process. Responsible for prospecting and identifying new tactics to achieve targets if existing tactics are not driving monthly quota results. Improve KPIs across the team through ongoing coaching and development using existing and new platforms as required.
- Oversee sales performance reporting including sales dashboard and use of sales business systems. Work with sales, marketing, and training to identify areas of improvement and implement tactics to achieve targets while increasing effectiveness and efficiency. Collaborate with internal and US teams for hiring and onboarding, sales team development, reporting, best practices and other sales related requirements as needed.
- Collaborate and/or lead when appropriate, identifying and executing strategies and tactics to improve sales including but not limited to marketing campaigns, sales contests, pricing recommendations, sales and technical development, team changes.
- Oversee overall team management and needs analysis including hiring, coaching, management to position profiles, recognition and awards, quarterly team meetings, headcount planning, territories, product training, customer feedback and market/competitive intelligence.
This position has two direct reports: Sales Manager-Inside, and Sales Manager-Field and 14 indirect reports.
Skills and Requirements:
- Must speak fluent German and English. Strong written communication also required.
- Requires a University Degree, specialization in Business or related field.
- Must have minimum 8-10 years direct sales experience with minimum 5 years’ managing sales managers.
- Proven experience managing a direct sales team, including coaching to performance, managing to a defined sales process, and accountability for achieving specific targets/goals (quota).
- Strong understanding of KPIs and be metric driven. Must be very hands on and willing to be in the field and in the office. This role must be self-motivated and have a strong desire to win.
- International experience (US and other European markets), territory design, sales strategy, sales compensation, marketing, transactional sales.
- Previous experience with sales systems such as Microsoft Dynamics or Salesforce.
- Automotive industry and or direct exposure to aftermarket workshops preferred.
This role must be willing to balance travel and office time. Role will be expected to be in the field with Regional Sales Managers as well as attending tradeshows, partner meetings/events, etc., as required.